Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
92 Old Cutlass International/Discharge
Working on a 92 Olds Cutlass International 3.4 auto. Spare time project. Finally exhausted my brain. It dont have a drain all the time, but if you pull the fuse marked "elec" it is fine. So, this lead me to trace down what that fuse powers and remove the units piece by piece until found. I have unhooked the radio and pass. restraint timer box and still same thing. I looked at diagrams on Mitchell, but it doesnt show it powering something the owners manual does. It is marked "DID" in the owners manual and I have no clue what that is nor can I find it on the diagrams.

According to the owner, the alternator is new and I had it tested to be sure. Battery is fairly new, checked low but still good. It will start up for a few days then one day nothing.DEAD! Any ideas?
see if these are any help; http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairi...5280067f75
[Image: fishrman.gif]
LIFE'S SHORT GO FISH ASE MASTER TECH 30+YEARS EXP
HAPPILY RETIRED
Driver 540, - Maybe DID means = Digital instrument display. Display is projected on the winshield. Like a military jet plane. I don't know if this is correct, a unreliable source explained it. A long time ago. Hope this helps. - fstf2v
Thank you fstf2v. It does have the digital speedometer display on windshield. Guess Ive been thinking too hard on it. lol. Will look into more diagrams and keep the process of elimination up.
I'm glad I could help.Everyone here has always helped me, I'm glad to return the favor. Since you have the model with all the goodies maybe one of the courtesy lamps are still illuminated(lamp behind panel or ash tray,glove box even trunk). My Uncle had a Cadillac it did the same thing, after a few days the battery would be dead. My cousin was in the trunk so I closed the trunk lid and locked him inside(story short) the light inside the trunk never turned off.Some practical jokes do payoff. --fstf2v
driver540 Wrote:Will look into more diagrams
Did you check the diagrams I sent ?
[Image: fishrman.gif]
LIFE'S SHORT GO FISH ASE MASTER TECH 30+YEARS EXP
HAPPILY RETIRED
Yes. I got the diagrams you posted re-tired. Thank you. Those diagrams show a little different than Mitchell. Gonna have to use both to see which is more accurate or to get a complete diagram.